Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Penang...Land of Stories...My Stories...

The first time I was living on my own, was in Penang. It was in 2001, fresh out of school. I received offer to continue my study in Penang Matriculation College in Kepala Batas. I hated the study part. But I love every minute of the freedom I got. That was when I had a really special adventures with my mates. Some still in good contact to this day including my ex-bridesmaid, Hannah and my ex-room mate, She @ Kambing, and my ex-housemate, Azea, as well as few others. And that's where I met my first ex-boyfriend. A total opposite of me. I don't know how or what makes me attracted to him. Maybe, the hormone was doing its 'thang'. haha! We spent alot of time cruising the Penang Island. Jetty rides. Bukit Mertajam. Komtar. It was all our craze. I even sneaked out of the college, early in the morning, to go to Sg Petani, to buy him a perfume for his birthday..or was it Valentine? I don't remember. Me and my room mates was chased by the guard up to the nearby Kampung when we sneaked out in broad daylight to go to Bukit Mertajam to celebrate one of our birthday at Pizza Hut. It was just a reason to go out. She was left behind when the bus that me and Farzy took, drove away before she even reach its back. But being so united, we waited for her to arrive at the bus station. Those were crazy days.

And I made few clubbing night getaway in Penang, when I was studying in UUM, Kedah. We were so deprived of city scene and entertainment, that we drove all the way to the island. Thinking how energetic I was, made me want to get back to my old shape. While writing this down, I glanced through the Prevention website on how to tone up and lose weight. I'm at least 15 kg heavier since I left university. Sedentary lifestyle and easy access to fancy food is really not a good thing!

Last weekend, I went back to this special island for honeymoon getaway with my loving husband, Mr Superman. His kampung is in Penang too. So we were not so excited to go to the tourist attractions. We chose to spend more time in the hotel itself. Enjoying each other company so much. The weather was really good. Superman had a blast watching bikini clad girls. Whereas I could only see awesome beach boys  swimming in the pool in front of our room, on the last hours before we checked out. Damn. Where have they been all the while I was there?! Darlings, I am not going to bore you more n more with words. I'll upload the pictures later ya. By the way, the money we paid for the Honeymoon Package at the Hard Rock Hotel in Feringhi, worth every single cent. The hospitality was above par. Its a 4 star hotel serving like a 5-star.

No comments: