Sunday, April 11, 2010

It Ain't Laughing Matter Anymore..

I just came back from my outing with Mr Superman, alone. While I'm writing this, he's still at office. Yes, my outing today, ended up in his office. Not so bad though. Earlier on, I went to my best friend's niece's birthday party. So my tummy was stuffed to the max!

Well, when I reached home just now, I found myself in deep conversation with my mommy, sis and papa. Its about my aunty's behavior (see this entry) the other day. It irks me so much! To this day, it kept replaying in my mind. Very annoying. I hope by writing this out will makes me feels a whole lot better, if not settled.
One thing you must know about me is, I am not a pious Muslim.

My family on the other hand, is a firm believer to uphold as much as possible the pillars and syariah rules of Islam. I applaud that all the time, no problem. However, this very aunty I'm talking about, is a bit more extreme, and expected me to be at least in the same league as my family.

The issue here is, are you a better Muslim when your mouth can't stop criticizing other Muslims who's not outwardly speaks or act or personify Islam in her appearance? Do you really have the right to say such hurtful, demeaning words? Really, are you a better Muslim then??

Personally, I never feels so for those people. Justifying people just like that? Isn't that our prophet Muhammad, lead by example? Well, that should apply to anyone, right? How can you expect people to be perfect when you can't  project your own perfection, right? Oh just because you are covering from head to toe prays 5 times daily, reads the Quran and doesn't watch Channel E! and big fan of  Channel  Oasis on Astro, you have the rightful qualification to undermine the less pious Muslims brothers and sisters through your vocal and gaze? All that I can say is, you are downright moron! 

Well, fret not, I'm not really really angry. I'm just, annoyed. Never mind then. Now that I have let it out, I think I can slowly let it go. After all, I will encounter this kind of people everywhere. I hope with the education that we  have got, we can think with better mindset. Lets not limit our scope of relationships by the appearance, gender, sexual preference, ethnicity, skin colour or even religion. After all, we are all human. Lets embrace our freedom to mix with each other. At least, when we are in Malaysia:)

p.s : Its Sunday night. And I am dreading the Monday morning!!!

Special question : Will you change your appearance when your partner does not like what you are wearing just because he don't like it, even though it is not hideous and nobody ever complained your style?? Is it a sin to continue wearing things you like after you know he doesn't like it as you are feeling comfortable???

No comments: