Monday, April 26, 2010

O&G, so what??!

Today marked my first day working as part of Malaysian O&G industry. Am I proud of it? YES. Why? Because its hard to breakthrough. And I made it. Alhamdulillah.

But, I was so curious why majority of people was so gung-ho about it.

The answer arrived in the form of written texts, that is, the T&C for Local Employees from the Company. OMG. Helluva of greatness!! Staffs are paid  bonus if they stay with the company for at least 3 years! Talk about motivation for staying in the very same environment for such a long period of time. And other benefits are too good to be true in early Monday morning. I already made a promise to myself to stay focus and be positive. Come what may! :)

However, my first day is not glorious or energetic. My boss is overseas until next week. His secretary(she was transferred to a different department) who is suppose to handover to me was on MC. The desktop was not prepared by the IT officer. In the end I spent RM20.50 to buy magazines to fill up my day. By 4pm, I finished reading all of them, and went to the reception to borrow the newspapers. My neck was all strained. I didn't make any friends yet. Went to lunch alone. Everybody was so busy doing their works. Nobody was gossiping or on Facebook(still not sure whether it is allowed or not). There were about 200 people on the floor. Wonder whether everybody knows each other? I text Superman and few buddies every now and then. The environment was so different when I worked in ASTRO. One thing good about big companies like this is, everybody mind their own business. Good to focus on your job. But really, is it really healthy to be all about work at workplace? Aren't we all human?



What's your worst experience at workplace?? Tell me.



Perhaps, tomorrow will be a better day:)

p.s : I still love condo. Superman, please change your choice. I love you:)

3 comments:

dell @ Marryme said...

yeay welcome to O&G industry. btw 3 yrs dpt bonus tu sangat lah best ok. huhu wish we can get it too.

btw if u dont mind sharing, company apa? :)

Mawar said...

Gud luck beb,..aku tobat dah tak mo join O&G,...mayb ur company diff.

yam^Artfingers^ said...

dell: sub dalam Sapura:)

aishah:maybe..maybe not. tak tahula...first timer nehh:)