Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Earthquake in My Office!

I read in my UberSocial when I woke up this morning that Sumatra, Indonesia was hit by a massive earthquake. I didn't think much until I read my friend's status update saying that he felt that the office was shaking. It was 8.08am. I had yet to reach the workplace(ha...kantoi!)

I can't remember when..few hours after that I felt like my head was spinning as if somebody shaked my head. And I looked around and nearly everybody stood up and look around. OK, it was REAL! My first tremor experience. Gotta say, awesome! I mean for the out of body experience, not thinking of the dissastrous impact it would cause.

After lunch, as I was about to focus on my work, once again it happened! And this time it was a bit more obvious than the previous one. OMG! My colleague was frowning scared! But I guess because everybody knew that there's no such thing in Malaysia due to our geographical position, we went back to normal work routine.


Update from The Star Online; http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/6/14/nation/20110614094631&sec=nation

Think if my office's in Indonesia or Japan I would have run for my life!

No comments: